Freedom makes a huge requirement of every human being. With freedom comes responsibility. For the person who is unwilling to grow up, the person who does not want to carry his own weight, this is a frightening prospect.
In the past decade or so, Associate Professor of Political Science, Maurice Moshe Eisenstein, has used the local media (The Times and Post-Tribune) and recently the Internet (Blog and Facebook) to viciously attack Professor Yahya R. Kamalipour by concocting outrageous and highly defamatory allegations and accusations. It should be noted that Kamalipour, during his nearly 30 years of tenure at Purdue Calumet, has NEVER talked with the attacker!
A Google search of “Maurice Eisenstein” will reveal his unprofessional, uncivil, discriminatory, and chaotic behavior–in the past decade or so–at Purdue University Calumet. He and his mysterious network and silent supporters have been successful in suffocating the campus climate, intimidating faculty and students, poisoning relationships, and trampling on Freedom of Expression and Academic Freedom.
Most recently, Eisenstein filed a lawsuit against six of his Purdue Calumet colleagues, including Jewish faculty members and Professor Saul Lerner who hired him!
The following links are just a few examples of the chaotic and unfortunate campus climate created by Eisenstein:
1. Professor Eisenstein’s Blog Posting: Kamalipour Made Pro-American By Leftist Faculty At Senate Meeting
2. Professor Eisenstein attacks Professor Kamalipour on his blog, accusing him of being “Anti-American” and “Terrorists”: The Blog Posting2013
3. Professor Eisenstein posts accusations about Professor Kamalipour on his Facebook page:
4. Professor Eisenstein accuses Professor Kamalipour of being a “Jew Hater” and “Anti-American”: Eisenstein Attacks Professor Kamalipour Again1 (original posting)
5. Professor Eisenstein slams the Purdue Calumet Faculty Senate’s resolution: Eisenstein Accuses Kamalipour Again2 (revised posting)
6. Professor Eisenstein files a lawsuit against the Purdue Board of Trustees and Purdue Calumet Chancellor.
7. Professor Eisenstein to be “reprimanded” for unprofessional comments.
8. For nearly a month, students protested on the Campus of Purdue Calumet against Professor Eisenstein.
9. Purdue Calumet students file a petition, demanding the University administration to fire Professor Eisenstein (endorsed by 1022 students).
And much more….